How did the program start?
There are groups of disciplines that are critical to our shows and for which we sometimes have difficulty finding the right profiles. Whether it's because we are not the only ones in need of these disciplines, because our needs are too great in relation to the available artists, or because the discipline(s) are still rare.
The NexGen program, therefore, came up with the idea of setting up training programs that could help meet the demands of the Cirque du Soleil group, whether for projects in operation or for creations.
3 types of initiatives:
TALENT DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP
- These training sessions often take place in specific countries in partner centers. Artists are invited for one to two weeks to discover or perfect a discipline. Accommodation, travel and meals are paid for by the artists.
- Our partners on site can thus learn and exchange with our specialists and thus continue their activities with additional knowledge.
- These trainings also allow us to identify interesting artists for our pre-potential program.
PRE-POTENTIAL PROGRAM (PPP)
- The duration can vary from 8 to 16 weeks, and the training usually takes place in Montreal at our head office. Artists are housed at our residences and their expenses (travel, accommodation, food) are covered by Cirque and a salary is paid to them.
- The training is conducted by a human performance specialist and the artists will have complete training, including acrobatic, artistic, physical and mental
- The objective of this program is to train future Cirque du Soleil artists for our shows and special events.
PERFORMANCE DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP
- These workshops usually last a few weeks at the head office to develop, test and validate new equipment
- This is really about exploring new concepts and innovations that can eventually be presented in our special events before being integrated into a resident or touring show.
How do I participate in NexGen projects?
Talent development workshops are always posted and promoted on the Casting website and networks, but for the other two trainings, the selection is done internally from the information found on the artists' profiles.
So be careful and remember to update your profile regularly with new videos so that we can follow your evolution. And if you don't have a profile yet, create one now: casting.cirquedusoleil.com/profile